László SZERB is a University Professor at the Institute of Business Administration, Faculty of Business and Economics, of the University of Pécs. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in economics from West Virginia University (US) and and became the Doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in 2012. His teaching subjects are mainly small businesses and entrepreneurship related subjects from undergraduate to Ph.D. level students. Lászlo Szerb is the director of the Institute of the Department of Managerial Economics and Accounting, responsible for the education and scientific organization of the institute. He is the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) Hungarian research team leader, being a GEM member since 2001. Dr. Szerb has been a visiting professor in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy.
He has published extensively in entrepreneurship topics from determinants to entrepreneurship competitiveness and performance. In the last years, he has focused his research in entrepreneurship indicator methodology, being one of the main creators, together with Zoltán J. Ács, of the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index. Research interests in relation to this project: expert in entrepreneurship, small business competitiveness and entrepreneurial finance.
- Zoltán J. Acs, Erkko Autio, László Szerb: National Systems of Entrepreneurship: Measurement issues and policy implications. RESEARCH POLICY : A JOURNAL DEVOTED TO RESEARCH POLICY, RESEARCH MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING 43:(3) pp. 476-494. (2014)
- Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index 2014 Seattle: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2014. 248 p. (ISBN:978-1496176417)
- Zoltán J Acs, László Szerb, Scott Jackson Entrepreneurship in Africa Through the Eyes of GEDI. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT 14:(4) pp. 219-234. (2013)
- Szerb Laszlo, Acs Zoltan, Erkko Autio Entrepreneurship and Policy: The National System of Entrepreneurship in the European Union and in Its Member Countries ENTREPRENEURSHIP RESEARCH JOURNAL 3:(1) pp. 9-34. (2013)
- László Szerb, Ruta Aidis, Zoltán J Ács The Comparison of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor and the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index Methodologies. FOUNDATIONS AND TRENDS IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP 9:(1) pp. 1-142. (2013)